Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Getting ready for school again

It is always easy to get swept away in the back to school rush... new this, new that, please Mum I need this for my pencil case.  This morning, I was helping the boys get ready for there return to school tomorrow.  We made sure the uniforms were all ready, the school bags cleaned out, lunch boxes and drink bottles found and last of all that those pencil cases got restocked.


Instead of buying new pencils I convinced the boys to go through our tins of odd pencils and make up a "new" set for their pencil cases... I think they were pleasantly suprised by what they found in the tins. 



This year we will also be committing to not using any plastic wraps or bags in the lunch boxes - that is the boys will be having lots of  "nude food" days.

These are just some of the ways that we will be trying to reduce our purchasing of new materials and minimising the waste that we generate.

No comments:

Post a Comment