Our dream is to make a more sustainable lifestyle in Orange.
Like many others, we consider ourselves to be fairly "green". Since moving to our "new" 1980's house in Orange we have:-
- installed solar panels and solar hot water on the roof,
- we have put in a rainwater tank for the garden and have it connected to the washing machine and our main toilet,
- we try to reduce waste and fill the councils recycle bin regularly,
- we compost or feed the chooks all our green waste - even the mountain of lawn clippings that we seem to generate,
- we have planted fruit trees and shrubs and created vegie gardens
Despite doing all this we realise that there is a long way to go toward sustainability - much of this will be the small every day changes to our life habits. We hope that through blogging our challenges to achieving better sustainability we will inspire others to follow.
Join us on our journey....